Public law and Commercial Litigation
What we do
Our department advises a number of public bodies. These include major government business enterprises, regulatory bodies and other public bodies such as universities and medical schemes.
We conduct specialised litigation regarding Commercial disputes, Building and Construction Law disputes, Professional Negligence claims, and arbitration and litigation relating to legislative interpretation.
We also offer advisory services relating to compliance with legislation in regards to regulated industries such as the healthcare, financial advisory, and other industries.
Legal areas we specialise in
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Administrative and Public Law
- Building and Construction Disputes
- Commercial Litigation
- Competition Law
- Compliance and Corporate Governance
- Healthcare Law
- Public Private Partnerships
- Professional Liability Claims
- Public Finance Management Act, its application and interpretation
- Telecommunications Law
- Advising on the interpretation and application of the Public Finance Management Act, National Treasury Regulations and Treasury Guidelines and directives.
- Advising on the interpretation of legislation and compliance in the Healthcare Industry.
- Advising on governance within public entities as well as regulated entities (such as medical schemes).
- Advising on the restructuring of public entities.
- Performing commercial litigation and arbitration proceedings.
- Performing litigation involving the interpretation of legislation and the exercise of public power.
- Litigating in Professional Negligence cases involving the liability of professionals and professional conduct.
- Handling building and construction disputes (services include litigation for the recovery of professional fees).
- Advising on legislative drafting.