Corporate and Commercial Law
What we do
We offer a full spectrum of Corporate and Commercial Law services. These services include transactional and regulatory services.
Legal areas we specialise in
- Authentication of documents
- Aviation Law
- Banking Law
- Black Economic Empowerment
- Business Structures and Joint Ventures
- Building and Construction Law
- Competition Law
- Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Corporate Law including Company Law and Company Secretarial Practice
- Corporate Restructuring and Unbundling
- Development Finance Law (Local and International)
- Estate Planning
- Healthcare law
- Information and Communications Technology Law
- Insurance Law
- International Contracts
- Intellectual Property Law
- Local Government Law
- Medical Scheme Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Notarial Practice
- Property Law and Property Development
- Public Private Partnerships
- Structured and Project Finance
- Tax Law
- Structuring transactions (e.g. share sales, sale of businesses and assets).
- Advising on appropriate forms of business enterprises for transactions.
- Structuring and advising on mergers, acquisitions and takeovers.
- Advising on appropriate corporate structures and forms of business enterprise.
- Advising on legislative implications for commercial transactions, including tax implications to the extent that it is incidental to the other advice being provided.
- Consulting and advising on regulatory aspects of transactions (e.g. Competition Commission filings, listing requirements of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, and the requirements of the Financial Services Board, mergers conducted under the Medical Schemes Act and the Companies Act).
- Advising on commercial transactions involving the national, provincial and local spheres of government.
- Conducting due diligence and legal forensic investigations and producing reports.
- Drafting all contracts and legal documentation for commercial contracts such as Sale Agreements, Leases, Partnerships, Joint Ventures and Shareholders Agreements.