What we do
Our successful Employment Law department has extensive experience and has established itself as a leader in the field. We serve clients ranging from employers to trade unions. The practice was established by José da Silva, a specialist in Employment Law who still serves as head.
Our full suite of Employment Law services covers the following areas:
Legal areas we specialise in
- Employment law
- Dispute resolution
- Pension Fund law
- CCMA litigation
- Bargaining Council litigation
- Labour Law
- Labour Court litigation
- Section 197 transfers
- Strikes, go-slows, stay-aways and picketing
- Wage negotiation and remuneration package structuring
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures and hearings
- Trade union negotiations
- In-house training and labour related presentations
- Consulting on employment strategy.
- Drafting of employment and related contracts.
- Conducting due diligence exercises.
- Representing clients at disciplinary and grievance procedures and hearings.
- Providing legal counsel on all employment-related matters.
- Litigating on behalf of clients at the Labour Court and Labour Appeal Court