Estates, Trust Administration And Divorce Liquidation
What we do
Our Estates Department has expertise all spheres of Estate Law (Deceased and Insolvent), which includes the administration of such estates and litigation emanating such estates and investigations and forensic investigations that may be required.
Our Trust Administration Department, administers and manages court appointed Trust throughout South Africa. This department has been appointed on the Master's Panel to serve Trustees, as executors of deceased estates and as Curators Bonis. Members of this department are often appointed by the Court or Law Society to act as divorce liquidators. Members of our Department have also been involved in high profile statutory inspections aligned to relevant legislation such as the Health Professions Act.
Areas our department specialises in
- Special enquiries
- Litigation in Estates ( both Deceased and Insolvent Estates)
- Administration of Deceased Estates
- Trust Administration
- Divorce Liquidations
- Legal business rescue intervention pertaining to liquidation
- Administration of Estates (including Estate planning and drafting of wills)
- Litigation in both Deceased and Insolvent Estates – including acting on behalf of liquidators and trustees of insolvent estates in insolvency litigation matters.
- Sequestration of natural persons and winding up of Companies and other legal entities.
- Acting as Divorce Liquidators
- Business rescue interventions within the liquidation process.
- Rehabilitations and Compromises.
- Heading special enquiries such as Section 417 interrogations.
- Conducting forensic investigations and preparing reports suitable for instituting or defending legal proceedings.
- Trust Administration (including drafting of Deeds of Trust, registration of Trusts and Trust planning and acting as independent trustees in a Trust)
- Acting as Liquidator in the winding up of solvent companies of entities.
- Conducting statutory inspections aligned to relevant legislation such as the Health Professions Act.